Friday 25 December 2020

Google Meet Device Audio Solution

Hello Readers!
It is just today, 25th Dec 2020, I came to know about a very prolonged audio issues I was having with Google Meet. I was not able to play my device audio from desktop when I present my screen in Google Meet. When I played any video from my VLC app, there was no audio going in Meet. But today I found the solution. Thanks to Google Meet Help Community. I have found a very detailed solution of this issue posted by Danilo Caccia. https://support.google.com/meet/profile/13454?hl=en (his profile link)

And here is the link of the detailed answer.

Hi NicG,

thank you for asking here.

Let's try this:
on Windows operating system click on Start button
Open Settings
Click on System - Display, notifications, apps, power
SOund
Recording
You will find the list of devices, and at the bottom there is Stereo Mix
Enable it
Now, as you are in Google Meet and want to let your students to listen your files:
click on the three dots,
settings,
audio > MIC
Select STEREO MIX
Warning: as you select Stereo Mix, your students won't be able to listen to you speaking.
Remember to select back your mic as you finish broadcasting.
As a workaround, I usually jump in with another device, so that I can use Mic on the second device while showing videos or listening audio files.

Here's a video explaining this but... I did it in my language, Italian! but you can see the procedures, even if in another language.

Goodbye and stay safe,

Danilo

Here is the video from his channel. It is in Italian but the process is always same everywhere.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment